Grounds Keeper (Full-Time)
Kauai Shores offers a fun and rewarding business environment with opportunities for career advancement and a true sense of `Ohana, and is committed to provide a workplace free from alcohol and other drug abuse.
We are looking for a skilled Grounds Keeper to install and maintain the flowers, trees and green spaces on the property.
Our Grounds Keeper will be responsible for monitoring the health of all plants and greenscapes, watering and feeding plants, trimming trees and shrubs, fertilizing and mowing lawns, weeding gardens and keeping green spaces and walkways clear of debris and litter. Ideal candidate will know how to use and maintain landscaping equipment, including mowers, trimmers and fertilizers, while following health and safety regulations.
Ultimately, you will make sure our gardens and grounds are always healthy and beautiful.
- Install and maintain seasonal plants
- Mow, trim and fertilize green spaces
- Mulch, edge and weed gardens
- Prune and trim trees and bushes
- Maintain all gardening equipment and machinery, like mowers, trimmers and leaf blowers
- Monitor and maintain the health of plants
- Deal with pest problems that could damage plants
- Keep gardens and green spaces clear of debris and litter
Ideal candidate will have a love for outdoors and plant life with at least one year of experience as a Grounds Keeper. To perform this job successfully you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Experience as a Grounds Keeper
- Familiarity with landscaping design
- Extensive knowledge of regional plant life
- Knowledge of local pests and how to eliminate them
- Knowledge of state health and safety regulations for landscaping
- The ability to lift heavy objects
- The ability to remain on your feet for long periods of time
- A love of the outdoors and plant life
- A high school or equivalent
Competitive benefits offered including health, vision and dental coverage along with PTO and holiday benefits, based on eligibility.