Laundry Attendant (1 position) (Full-time)
Kauai Shores offers a fun and rewarding business environment with opportunities for career advancement and a true sense of `Ohana, and is committed to provide a workplace free from alcohol and other drug abuse.
The Laundry Attendant plays an integral part in the Housekeeping Department. The attendant performs a considerable amount of tasks throughout the department with attention to detail that conveys the attendant has put considerable effort into the upkeep. The level and quality of cleaning is emphasized in our standard operating procedures and the person for this position must be able to meet those standards.
Sorts and washes linens such as sheets, towels, table clothes, and napkins.
The ideal candidate possesses a high work ethic, a great overall positive attitude and is friendly, engaging and helpful to all guests. The ideal candidate will have proven working experience in relevant field, preferably in a hotel and resort setting. Previous experience is strongly preferred.
The ideal candidate is also someone who has the following skills and abilities:
- Speaks, reads and writes in the English language.
- Available and willing to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment.
- Able to work independently and remain motivated.
- Helpful with guest service orientation.
- Prioritization and time management skills.
- Professionalism along with speed and attention to detail.
- Able to lift and carry items weighing up to 20 lbs. or more and able to push carts and equipment.
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods and engage in considerable physical activity on a consistent basis.
- Team-oriented with strong communication skills to effectively work with the Housekeeping staff.
- Neat and professional appearance, a genuine Spirit of Aloha and the desire to serve.
- As a condition of employment, candidate must be able to satisfy all pre-employment screenings such as criminal background checks.
Competitive benefits offered including health, vision and dental coverage along with PTO and holiday benefits, based on eligibility.