Guest Service Agent (1 position) (Full-Time)
The Kauai Shores offers a fun and rewarding business environment with opportunities for career advancement and a true sense of `Ohana, and is committed to a drug-free workplace.
The Guest Service Agent is typically the first point of contact with guests' and handles all stages of their stay. A typical day as a Guest Service Agent, involves registering/booking guests in and out of their rooms, while accommodating any special requests. This person must have a positive and professional upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service with every guest encounter.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of one year experience at the front desk in a hotel/resort setting; or some cashiering and/or accounting equivalent. This is a full-time position, requiring the potential candidate to be able to work varying shifts including the graveyard.
The ideal candidate is also someone with the following skills and abilities:
- Speaks, reads and writes in the English language; bilingual ability is also strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with internal and external customers; some of whom require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- Must be available to work overnight shift.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with a high degree of integrity.
- Ability in multitasking and time-management.
- Aptitude in resolving issues with a guest-focused orientation.
- Able to proficiently operate computer systems and experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to maintain a cash bank, prepare cash drops and balance all transactions with a high level of accuracy.
- Neat and professional appearance, a genuine Spirit of Aloha and desire to work with the public.
- As a condition of employment, candidate must be able to satisfy all pre-employment screenings such as criminal background checks.
Competitive benefits offered including health, vision and dental coverage along with PTO and holiday benefits, based on eligibility.